14, Cornhill, London EC3
This landmark building was originally the Lloyds Bank headquarters at the heart of the square mile, in the City of London. The Client, IVG Asticus, had developed a scheme involving a complete internal and external refurbishment of the existing Building along with the addition of a further 3 floors of office space. As the Project proceeded Stonewest had opportunities to competitively tender for a number of the complex trade packages. Over 4 million pounds worth was won and successfully executed clearly allowing Stonewest to display their vast range of expertise and abilities on one Project.
The works involved:
- Initial works package undertaken was a joint venture between Stonewest Ltd and their sister Company St. Blaise. The original bespoke internal marble and decorative timber paneling was dismantled, meticulously recorded and then stored off site for later re-use.
- The second package won was a £1.5 Million panelisation scheme for the new upper floors which consisted of Portland stone units pre-fixed to concrete panels off site and then lifted into position via the on site Tower cranes.
- A further element of works undertaken was the Handset Portland stone and granite which was matched and fitted externally to the lower floors, while an entire elevation of Masonry was carefully dismantled on the 5th Floor allowing a new floor level to be constructed and then the salvaged stone re-fitted.
- New openings and modifications to the exiting building were carried out, where we installed new stonework and imperial glazed bricks all to a highly complex and technically challenging design.
- Highly detailed and Decorative lead work and bronze work was completed at ground level depicting the original inscriptions and historic details. This was all carefully drawn by our in-house draughtsman and assembled off site in our work shop by our craftsmen.
- The external elevations were cleaned and restored using traditional methods.
- And finally while Stonewest completed their last element of works which was the complete refurbishment of the internal marble Banking Hall and Imperial staircase (including the resourcing and fixing of bespoke marble) St Blaise reinstated the modified historic salvaged timber panels to the listed 5th Floor areas.